Below you’ll find answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you still have questions, contact us and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
- How do I purchase a permit?
The following must be taken to the DMV in order to obtain your permit:
- Verification of compliance from attending school (Summer months - obtain from district office) This letter must dated within the last 60 days.
- Original birth certificate - no photo copies allowed
- Photo identification (i.e. activity card, year book picture, passport)
- Social Security Number (card not required)
- Birth parent must show photo ID (driver’s license). If last name is different than the student, documentation will be needed to explain the difference, i.e. divorce decree, marriage license, adoption papers
- For teens under the age of 17 (mandatory), and for teens 17 and older who elect to take drivers education (not mandatory), a supervised instruction permit must be purchased before the first day of class.
*Make sure to say that the permit is for Phillips Driving School.
- How long is each class?
Sessions start at the beginning of each month and last about three weeks total.
Meridian - 6-9 PM, Mon-Fri for two weeks (Driving schedules typically go into week three after class is over)
Nampa - 6-8 PM, Mon-Fri for three weeks (During the summer, the classes will be held from 9 AM-11 AM, 11 AM -1 PM, and 1 PM - 3 PM)
- How much does it cost?
- Meridian cost is $399.00 with cash, money order or credit card. We do not accepts checks.
Nampa cost is $250.00 when paying with cash or money order, and $255.00 when using a credit card. We do not accept checks
You can pay over the phone, online or you can pay in person.
- What happens if I miss a class?
- Please call our office between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm to discuss whether or not it is possible to miss a class. Permits will not be issued to students until all classroom hours and drive times have been completed.
- What is your refund policy?
- We do not issue refunds. If you are not able to attend your class, we will be happy to move you to another class session.