How Do I Purchase a Permit?
The Following must be taken to the DMV in order to obtain your permit:
- Verification of Compliance from attending school (Summer months you must obtain a letter of compliance before school is out, they are only valid for 30 days, or obtain a Verification of Compliance from your School District office.
- Original Birth Certificate
- Photo Identification (i.e. activity card, year book picture, passport)
- Social Security Number (card not required)
- Birth Parent must show photo ID (driver’s license). If last name is different than the student, documentation will be needed to explain the difference, i.e. divorce decree, marriage license, adoption papers
- For teens under the age of 17 (mandatory), and for teens 17 and older who elect to take drivers education (not mandatory), a supervised instruction permit must be purchased before the first day of class.
*Make sure to say that the permit is for Phillips Driving School.
How long is each class?
Sessions start at the beginning of each month and last about three weeks total.
Two weeks of each session is classroom time. During these two weeks, students will also be driving once or twice a week. It usually takes about a week after the classroom part is over to finish the driving portion of the course. Class Time: 6-9P.M. Mon.-Fri. for two weeks (During the summer, the class will be held from 12:00-3:00)
How much does it cost?
Cost is $375.00 when paying with Cash or Check, and $380.00 when using a Credit Card. You can pay over the phone, online or you can pay in person.
What happens if I miss a class?
Students are allowed one absence, which must be made up to complete their 30 hours of classroom time. There are three ways to make this up. We will offer one make-up class during that same month at an additional $35 fee. The student may also attend Alive at 25 which is offered through the Boise, Meridian, and Nampa Police Departments. Upon completion of the course the student must present us with their certificate for the class to count as make-up. Or the student may come back the next month and make up the class, during our next session, at no charge (Private only). Permits will not be issued to students until all classroom hours and drive times have been completed.